The Baseball Diamond Process
"You can’t win if you don’t score!"
1st base (a single or a walk) - The Hour x Hour Charts and methodology
- Monitored hourly by the Supervisor
- Tied to Sustainment Levels™
- Using the A3 Report- must cause a sense of urgency and bias for action
- Don’t initiate if you’re not willing to “cross the line”
- Guaranteed to increase management presence on the shop floor – Genchi Genbutsu
2nd base (puts you in a scoring position) - The Start-up Meeting and managing transitions
- Five to eight minute stand-up meeting held in the work area
- Scripted, focused and one-way communication
- Sets the tone for the shift / day
3rd base (rounding third and heading for home) - Effective measurements / metrics
- Derived from leading indicators, not lagging measurements
- Focus on only a vital few (Sustainment Levels™), not the trivial many
- Are visual and maintained by the “Subject Matter Experts”
- Influence an “upward to the right” positive trend - improvement
- Trend management is critical, not the “issue of the day / hour”
Home plate (Scoring = Success) - Effective training and establishing accountability
- Standard Work in place, operators trained and following it
- Complete the implementation with the “Five Simple Questions”
- Develop an audit plan to ensure Standard Work is kept current
Ensure your success to win more games than your competition by following this game plan. Become a true World Champion by incorporating this process into your CI program.
Where are you?
Are you positioned to "outscore" your competition?